Are you looking for a childbirth class that gives you the flexibility of online learning, but also the support of mentorship?
When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you will:
- Be mentored by Katie, your own Evidence Based Birth® Instructor
- Learn about evidence based care, comfort measures, and advocacy
- Get prepared, get answers, get empowered!
By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will learn the evidence for your birth options and you’ll get to meet in-person with an experienced instructor and other parents who are on the journey through pregnancy and birth just like you! This hybrid class format allows you to access quality evidence-based materials online, so that it works with your schedule, with the added benefit of local in person mentorship and engaging activities! This class is limited to only 6 pregnant people with 1 support person (auditing options available).
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
- Mentorship from Katie, experienced birth worker & EBB Instructor
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
- Four weekly Zoom discussions with your EBB Instructor and peers
- Breastfeeding and newborn care videos
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to redeem for prizes at the end!
This class meets online via Zoom, from the comfort of your home, office, or even your cell phone!
June 2nd, 6:00 pm CST – Orientation
June 9th, 6:00 pm CST – Discussion of Week 1 & Week 2
June 16th, 6:00 pm CST – Discussion of Week 3 & Week 4
June 23rd, 6:00 pm CST – Comfort Measure Rehearsal
In this class, we focus on comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we will cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Will I Learn how to have a Natural Birth?
Evidence Based Birth® believes that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If you want a natural birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to have a natural birth. If you need an epidural or Cesarean, we’ll cover how you can be empowered that way, too!
Choose the package that works best for you! One ticket is good for the birthing person and a support person!
- $225 Standard package: Includes 3-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, 4 virtual class session
- $275 Deluxe package: Includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, 4 virtual class session, and 1 additional 1:1 hour online with Katie for more guidance.
- $600 Super Deluxe package: includes 6-months access to the online portion of the class, printed materials, 4 virtual class sessions, 1 addition 1:1 hour online with Katie for more guidance, & Virtual Doula Services (continuous call, text, and video support throughout your birth!)
Should you wish to pay with cash or check, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO ENSURE PERSONALIZED ATTENTION! The maximum number is 6 pregnant participants + their support person!
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Katie.
What if these classes don’t work for me. Do you offer private sessions?
Yes! We encourage participation in a class with other expecting families, however private sessions may be available depending upon Katie’s availability. Contact Katie for more details.
If you have any questions or would like to audit as a birth professional (limited to 2 auditors per class), please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.